Wednesday 22 September 2010

An impromptu trip to Cape Coast

Tuesday was a public holiday so went on a very spontaneous trip to Kakum National Park, Cape Coast and Elmina. Kakum is a rainforest with a suspended bridge above the trees with amazing views of the forest. It was very tropical and I was most impressed with the giant bamboo plants!

Bamboo!


Cape Coast and Elmina are along the Atlantic coast and both have slave castles so quite a lot of sombre history, which is really hard to process when it’s set against these picture perfect white sand, palm beaches that look like something out of the Caribbean. I have some amazing pictures for when I find an internet connection that uploads!

Canopy walk

Elmina castle

Boys playing on the beach by Elmina

Caribbean-esque!

Kids playing in the fishing village

Side of Elmina castle

1 comment:

  1. This place is gorgeous!! So not what my ignorant mind was expecting. Oh, I just said that out loud...

    ReplyDelete